This course is required for all professionals who will perform mold assessment and will design and write remediation plans for mold remediation/abatement projects in the state of New York. The course covers mold health hazards, biological sampling, and best mold assessment practices from preparation to clean up.
New York State regulations require any individual performing mold assessment to attend an accredited mold assessor training program. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to submit an application to NYS Dept. of Labor Licensing to obtain a license.
Course Topics Include:
- Introduction of health effects
- Workplace hazards - PPE, respirators, asbestos, confined spaces
- Overview of NYS Regulations - EPA, OSHA, NYC-DOH Guidelines
- Visual inspections
- Measurement equipment
- Sampling strategies
- Work practices, documents and forms
- Testing procedures
- HVAC systems - Clean-up
- Interpreting of sampling results
- Writing mold remediation plans
- Post remediation clearance testing